By day I manage a content team at a really awesome Canadian tech company. My evenings and weekends are spent writing fiction.
Right now I’m editing my first novel, a coming-of-age story about a girl trying to uncover the truth about her mother’s tragic death while navigating her way into adulthood.
Blog Posts You Might Like:
Before I turned my focus to writing this novel, I blogged a whole lot. If you’re looking for advice and tips on how to make your website better, these posts might be for you:
And, here are a few of my most popular posts:
Random Facts About Me:
- I’ve been practicing yoga for 10 years.
- I’ve lived on each coast of Canada, and many places in between.
- I have a masters in Library & Information Studies but have never worked a day in a library (but I do love a good database/organizational system/process).
- Some of my favourite things to do are: reading, camping, running, practicing yoga, and eating desserts of all kinds.
- I’m known among family & friends for bad dance moves, early bedtimes, and my love of (and uncanny ability to find) animals of all kinds. Except snakes, which are tehcnically reptiles. Snakes: I am sure you are nice but you’re just not for me.
Official Sounding Writing Bio
Carrie Mumford is a fiction writer living in Calgary, Alberta. Her short fiction has appeared in Full of Crow Fiction, the Bella Online Literary Review, Vine Leaves Literary Journal, the WCDR’s Whispered Words anthology and other fine journals. Her vignette, “The Blemish Collector”, was nominated for the Pushcart Prize in 2012. In 2013, her short story “Ashes to Ashes” was short-listed for the Room Magazine contest. She is currently writing a novel about a young woman’s quest to uncover the truth about her mother’s tragic death while navigating her way into adulthood.