I’ve written of several short stories, a tiny amount of non-fiction, and one chapbook of short fiction. Right now I’m revising a new adult novel set in rural Alberta in the early 1980’s and late 1990’s. Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates on my novel progress, or check out my previously published work below.
Magpie: Stories by Carrie Mumford
The chapbook, titled Magpie, includes 10 flash fiction pieces, 3 of which have not been published elsewhere.
You can get a copy here for $5 USD.
From the publisher:
“There are a lot of things in life that are hard. Creating yourself anew through a stale marriage. Managing your regret in the face of great trauma. Struggling with your life choices in the presence of a nun. Let Carrie Mumford walk you through these situations, crafting stories and lives that feel as dear and personal as family.”
- “Paris in a Bottle,” published in the Bella Online Literary Review (2012).
- “Little Bean,” included in An Anthology of Outstanding Prose from the WDCR Competition, Writers’ Community of Durham Region Whispered Words Contest (2011).
- “Knit, Purl, Breathe,” published in Fiction365 (2012).
- “Tiki Bar,” published in Full of Crow Fiction (2012).
- “Two Dressers,” published in Vine Leaves Literary Journal – Issue #8, October 2013. Included in the annual Best of Vine Leaves 2013 print Anthology.
- “The Blemish Collector,” published in Vine Leaves Literary Journal – Issue #2, April 2012. Included in the annual Vine Leaves 2012 print Anthology. Update: Voice actor Elijah Lucian recorded an audio version of this story. You can listen to it (and his other awesome flash fiction compilations) here!
- “Here’s The Thing About Epilepsy,” published on Medium, March 9, 2017.
- “Ashes to Ashes,” runner-up for a short story entered in the Room Magazine 2013 Contest (prose).
- “Tastes Like Chicken,” highly Commended in the Writers’ Village short story award (2012).
- “The Blemish Collector,” nominated for the Pushcart Prize (2012).